September 30, 2020
2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. PT
Keynote Address: Sister Teresa Maya, CCVI
Mission Forward: How is the Pandemic Challenging Us?
Religious life near the end of an epoch raises questions about how the mission of Catholic sisters will continue to be put into action in the near and distant future. Then a pandemic and global depression arrived. How can we have perfect vision for the future mission when uncertainty abounds? Our challenges reveal new questions, answers and hope.
Sister Teresa Maya is a member of the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio since 1994. Her ministry has been in education. She has served as teacher, history professor, and administrator. She has passion for the formation of ministers for Hispanics/Latinos in the United States. Leadership in her congregation inspires her conviction in the future of consecrated life. Sister Teresa got her B.A. at Yale University, her M.A. at the Graduate Theological Union at Berkeley and the Ph.D. in El Colegio de Mexico in Mexico City. She served on the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR) presidency from 2016-19. She is currently serving as Congregational Leader for her Congregation.
Repurposing Content Across Platforms
Presented by: Spalding Hurst
See how your digital and print content can be reshaped for efficiency and presented in a wide variety of formats. Publish this content to fill out your ever-expanding management portals with scheduled marketing campaigns and have more material to work with. Learn how to maximize your reach with your intended message.
Walking This Walk: A Spirituality of Communications
Veteran and new communicators, ministry leaders and mission advancement professionals for Catholic sisters share a passion to bring our missions to light that is not always grasped by friends and colleagues in different environments. What we do and how we do it is a unique niche. This session explores three points of view about a spirituality of our vocation, each presented in a brief, TED Talk-style. Together, the segments will nurture our spirit to carry the mission into the future.
1. Work Your Magic, presented by Jenny Beatrice
2. Unanticipated and Unwanted Changes, presented by Eileen McNerney, CSJ
3. Called to Communications: the Art of Storytelling, presented by Siobhan O’Neill Meluso
CWR Annual Business Meeting
October 1, 2020
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET/9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PT
- Welcome – Cecilia Rupell, CWR Board Chair
- Introduction of Board Members
- Year in Review
- Finance Report – Jean Merry, CWR Treasurer
- Bylaws Changes – Jane Strittmatter, CWR Vice Chair
- State of the Organization – Ginny Hizer, CWR Executive Director
- Member Recognition – Tammy Townsend Denny, CWR Membership Committee Chair
- CWR AIM Awards Presentation – Gary Loncki, CWR Marketing Committee
- Invitation to 2021 Conference – Kim Westerman, CWR Corporate Secretary and 2021 Conference Chair