FLOWING INTO OUR FUTURE
CWR Conference 2023: Frequently Asked Questions
If you are able to attend the conference, we have some tips for making the most of the experience. We look forward to seeing you in St. Louis!
What transportation is available from the airport to the hotel? Is there an opportunity to share transportation with other attendees?
While Marriott St. Louis Grand — the conference host hotel — does not provide shuttle service for St. Louis Lambert International Airport, a variety of ride options are available. A full listing can be found on the airport website. Before departing for St. Louis, you can also coordinate ride sharing with fellow attendees in the conference mobile app’s activity feed.
What is the dress code?
Attendees of our conference usually dress in business casual or religious attire. It can get chilly in some conference rooms, so we also suggest bringing a sweater or dressing in layers – just in case.
What should I bring with me?
You may want to pack the following:
- Your preferred method of taking notes
- Business cards
- Phone charger
- Reusable water bottle / coffee cup
- Cash for souvenirs, cash bar, etc.
- Comfortable shoes
- COVID tests
- Samples of some of your materials to share, such as your newsletter or brochures. Leave room in your suitcase so you can take some samples from others home as well. Recommended quantity: 30. (Please plan to take any extras home with you at the end of the conference.)
What is the Conference Kickstart?
This is the very first event of the conference! The Kickstart provides new CWR members and new conference attendees with both an introduction to conference and an opportunity to get to know other attendees. While CWR has returned to in-person conferences the last two years, not all of our members and friends who wished to attend were able to join us in 2021 and 2022. So, more experienced attendees, including those who missed out the last two years, are also most welcome to join us for this reintroduction to the live conference experience and for the opportunity to meet and welcome newcomers.
What can I expect from the welcome reception?
The welcome reception will kick off the conference on the 20th floor of the Marriott St. Louis Grand, which offers impressive views of the St. Louis skyline. Attendees will be treated to appetizers; a cash bar will be available; and games and music will further enliven the evening.
We offer a big thank you to our welcome reception sponsor, Ascension!
CWR provides professional, thought-provoking and innovative plenary presentations and workshops that are lecture style with opportunity for Q&A as well as discussion at your table with CWR colleagues. This is an interactive week of activities, so bring your specific questions, projects, and concerns and be ready to share your expertise and experience as well.
Why should I attend the evening in?
First, it’s fun! Also, you will get to know your colleagues in a different setting and make connections you might otherwise miss. Do not miss this Sweet Night of Comedy!
Why should I download the conference mobile app?
Download the app for a dynamic, interactive conference experience! All the information and content you need will be available on the app—schedules, your workshop selections, speaker info, hotel details, photos and video, and more. While printed materials will be limited, all the tools to navigate conference will be at your fingertips on the app.
The app is also a great tool for social side of conference. Attendees arrange ride sharing in the activity feed. Groups schedule networking sessions like a millennial breakfast meet-up or a lunch gathering for Dominican communicators, as well as after-hours gatherings.
How are COVID concerns being addressed for conference?
As COVID-19 continues to present concerns for many, the conference planning committee is giving careful thought to how to ensure the health and well-being of all attendees.
- We strongly encourage everyone to evaluate their health prior to the conference. Please test for COVID three days before traveling to St. Louis. We ask that you stay home if you have symptoms or test positive.
- Take extra precautions while traveling to conference, such as wearing a mask while in crowded airports and vehicles.
- We encourage you to pack masks, hand sanitizer and COVID tests as an additional precaution. We will promote hand washing, respiratory hygiene, mask wearing and social distancing as needed. If you are feeling sick, please take appropriate precautions to keep your fellow conference attendees healthy.
- Once again, we will provide red, yellow, or green stickers for attendees to place on your nametags to indicate your comfort with close interaction.
Thank you for helping us make everyone feel comfortable. We look forward to a wonderful, healthy gathering.
Photo: Marriott St. Louis Grand