ABOUT THE 2021 CWR CONFERENCE
October 5-8, 2021
Guesthouse at Graceland
3600 Elvis Presley Blvd
Memphis, TN 3816
Communicators for Women Religious (CWR) provides professional networking and education to members who communicate and advance the mission and ministries of women religious. CWR’s mission is to be a network of professional support and education for members who promote understanding of women religious, enhance their image and advance their mission. CWR is also a resource to organizations serving women religious. The organization is a 501(c)(3) organization funded in part through a generous grant from the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation.
OUR AUDIENCE & ATTENDEES
CWR boasts a membership of more than 220 members from 142 congregations and 22 associated ministries and other organizations. Our members represent religious congregations that range in size from 18 to as many as 4,000 vowed members worldwide. The organization identifies 17 geographic regions and encourages members who are in those specific areas to meet regularly, share information, and collaborate on projects when appropriate.
- Our members’ professional responsibilities include public relations, advancement, marketing, social media, fundraising, advocacy, donor relations, and grant management for religious communities and their sponsored ministries.
- Our members report that their top job responsibilities include:
- Newsletter and magazine editing
- Website development
- Public relations
- Media relations
- Fund development
- Members most often outsource photography, website maintenance, video production, and special event planning.
- Members are primarily based in the United States, Canada, Ireland, Italy, and Australia.
- Our members manage a wide variety of budgets from a few thousand dollars up to $500,000, with influence over marketing, development, technology and other decisions.
Interest in our conference has grown to include professionals outside of our traditional audience, both outside of North America and in organizations tangentially related to women religious.
Our conference is attended by approximately 130 communications and development professionals each year, and we have a goal to welcome 150 attendees this year, the first time our members have been able to gather in person in more than two years (due to the COVID pandemic). In addition, CWR’s total membership has access to shared materials, resources, and live-streamed or recorded portions of the event.
This year’s conference keynote speaker is Sr. Mary Pellegrino, who will share, “From Strings to Yeast: Shifting the Narrative from Scarcity to Abundance.” Her talk will explore questions facing and renewed opportunities available to women religious and those engaged in the ministry of communication and development on their behalf.
In addition to the plenary sessions, participants have a choice from 12 workshop options in three tracks for: communicators, collaborators and fundraisers. Workshop topics include:
- Communicating Across Cultures
- Motivating Millennials to Give Now
- Bringing Mission, Justice and Stewardship to Your Website
- Rethinking Analytics: Responsibly and Ethically Gathering Useful Data
- Vocation Communications
- Fundraising in the Context of Diversity
- Making Communication Available for Those with Disabilities
- Amplifying Justice
- 7 Deadly Sins of Fundraising and Other Ethical Dilemmas
- Pitching the Story of Women Religious
- How to Write and Self-Publish Your Own Book
- The Process-Driven Annual Fund
|Presenting Sponsor||Presentation Sponsor||Silver|
- Technology Sponsor: $1,500
- Night Out Sponsor: $3,000
- Welcome Reception Sponsor: $2,500
- Professional Awards Sponsor: $2,500
- Name Badge Sponsor: $1,500
- Meal Sponsor: $1,000 (five available)
- Coffee Break Sponsor: $750 (two available)
Design Your Own Sponsorship
Do you want to support CWR, but don’t see what you need? Contact us with your ideas, as we would be happy to customize an opportunity to fit your interests!
As a sponsor or exhibitor at this year’s conference, you become a vital part of our efforts to advance the mission of Catholic sisters. In gratitude, we offer a range of opportunities to share your services, work, or products with our members, including both in-person and in promotional conference materials and regular member communications.
The exhibitor area will remain open throughout the conference and is conveniently located in the hallway and lobby area directly in front of most plenary and workshop room locations. We have incorporated numerous breaks so conference participants will have time to mingle with exhibitors before, during and after the daily sessions.
- Set-up: any time on Monday, October 4 or before 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, October 5
- Conference run-time: The conference opens with registration Tuesday, October 5 at 4 p.m. A Restart for new and returning conference attendees will be held from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. on the 5th, with Mass, breakfast, the welcome and opening prayer slated for the morning of Wednesday, October 6. The conference concludes at 11 a.m. on Friday, October 8.
- Tear down: any time after noon on Friday, October 8. All materials must be removed by 4 p.m. on Friday, October 8.
|Exhibitor Showcase Space|
CLICK HERE to support CWR Conference 2021 by selecting your sponsorship package(s) or joining us as an exhibitor.
NOTE: When accessing the form for the first time, you will be prompted to create a user profile by providing an email address and password.
CWR CONFERENCE 2021 AV SPONSOR:
VISION Vocation Network, the most comprehensive multimedia resource for those discerning a religious vocation, welcomes more than 350,000 visitors each year to its website VocationNetwork.org. The annual VISION Vocation Guide is distributed throughout the U.S. and Canada in print and around the world in digital format. And more than 5,000 new and unique inquirers complete VISION Vocation Match profiles each year to learn more about the vocation that might be right for them. Communicators, VISION reaches the audience you want to reach!