Conference 2022: Sponsor and Exhibitor Opportunities
About the 2022 CWR Conference
September 27-30, 2022
5345 Medpace Way,
Cincinnati, OH 45227
Communicators for Women Religious (CWR) provides professional networking and education to members who communicate and advance the mission and ministries of women religious. CWR’s mission is to be a network of professional support and education for members who promote understanding of women religious, enhance their image and advance their mission. CWR is also a resource to organizations serving women religious. The organization is a 501(c)(3) organization funded in part through a generous grant from the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation.
OUR AUDIENCE & ATTENDEES
CWR boasts a membership of more than 280 members from more than 150 congregations and two dozn associated ministries and other organizations. Our members represent religious congregations that range in size from 18 to as many as 4,000 vowed members worldwide. The organization identifies 17 geographic regions and encourages members who are in those specific areas to meet regularly, share information, and collaborate on projects when appropriate.
- Our members’ professional responsibilities include public relations, advancement, marketing, social media, fundraising, advocacy, donor relations, and grant management for religious communities and their sponsored ministries.
- Our members report that their top job responsibilities include:
- Newsletter and magazine editing
- Website development
- Public relations
- Media relations
- Fund development
- Members most often outsource photography, website maintenance, video production, and special event planning.
- Members are primarily based in the United States, Canada, Ireland, Italy, and Australia.
- Our members manage a wide variety of budgets from a few thousand dollars up to $500,000, with influence over marketing, development, technology and other decisions.
Interest in our conference has grown to include professionals outside of our traditional audience, both outside of North America and in organizations tangentially related to women religious.
Our conference is attended by approximately 130 communications and development professionals each year, and we have a goal to welcome 150 attendees this year. In 2021, despite COVID travel restrictions, 128 individuals registered for our annual conference, which was held in person in Memphis, TN. In addition, CWR’s total membership has access to shared materials, resources, and live-streamed or recorded portions of the event.
This year’s conference keynote speaker is Sister Norma Pimentel, named one of Time magazine’s “100 Most Influential People of 2020” as well as the moniker of “the Pope’s favorite nun.” Sister Pimentel, a religious sister of the Missionaries of Jesus, serves as Executive Director and a licensed professional counselor for Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas, providing oversight of the different ministries and programs in the areas of emergency assistance, housing assistance, counseling, pregnancy care, and humanitarian aid. She has been on the front lines of mercy for three decades, supporting migrants who are seeking refuge in the U.S. along Texas’ border with Mexico. Her organization has housed and assisted well over 100,000 people at the border.
In addition to the plenary sessions, participants will have a choice from workshop options in three tracks for: communicators, collaborators, and fundraisers.
FEEDBACK FROM ATTENDEES
Results from our 2021 annual conference survey indicate our members and guests felt the conference “met or highly exceeded expectations.”
- Honestly the best conference I’ve been to in regard to speakers and day out.
- This was my first CWR conference and I feel I gained a great deal from attending.
- Good networking/social opportunities. The other attendees were open and welcoming.
- As a first timer, I appreciated the opportunities for meeting people, and everyone else’s enthusiasm for those opportunities.
- Always great content and great people
- Primary speakers were really good. Everyone I heard brought something to the table.
- Programming was fantastic! I was part of the Communicators track. I felt everything flowed into each other and was meaningful to my work.
- Honestly this was one of my favorite conferences. Programming was fantastic. I enjoyed the speakers and outings. It was good to be together again – so glad it happened!
|Presenting Sponsor||Presentation Sponsor||Silver|
- Technology Sponsor: $1,500
- Night Out Sponsor: $3,000
- Welcome Reception Sponsor: $2,500
- Professional Awards Sponsor: $2,500
- Name Badge Sponsor: $1,500
- Meal Sponsor: $1,000 (five available)
- Coffee Break Sponsor: $750 (two available)
Design Your Own Sponsorship
Do you want to support CWR, but don’t see what you need? Contact us with your ideas, as we would be happy to customize an opportunity to fit your interests!
As a sponsor or exhibitor at this year’s conference, you become a vital part of our efforts to advance the mission of Catholic sisters. In gratitude, we offer a range of opportunities to share your services, work, or products with our members, including both in-person and in promotional conference materials and regular member communications.
The exhibitor area will remain open throughout the conference and is conveniently located in the hallway and lobby area directly in front of most plenary and workshop room locations. We have incorporated numerous breaks so conference participants will have time to mingle with exhibitors before, during and after the daily sessions.
- Set-up: any time on Monday, September 26 or before 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, September 27
- Conference run-time: The conference opens with registration Tuesday, September 27 at 4 p.m. A Kicktart for new and returning conference attendees will be held from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. on the 27th, with Mass, breakfast, the welcome and opening prayer slated for the morning of Wednesday, September 28. The conference concludes at noon on Friday, September 30.
- Tear down: any time after noon on Friday, September 30. All materials must be removed by 4 p.m. on Friday, September 30
- Details: Instructions related to load-in, shipping exhibitor materials and other pertinent information will be shared with exhibitors once agreement is submitted.
|Exhibitor Showcase Space|
CLICK HERE to support CWR Conference 2022 by selecting your sponsorship package(s) or joining us as an exhibitor.
NOTE: When accessing the form for the first time, you will be prompted to create a user profile by providing an email address and password.