"Our mission is to be a network of professional support and education for members who promote understanding of women religious, enhance their image and advance their mission."
CWR hiring office administrator
April 9, 2018Back to News
Position Title: Office Administrator
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Position Description: The office administrator is a key staff member dedicated to supporting the operations of the organization, with special attention paid to bookkeeping, logistics and clerical support as directed by the Executive Director. Typical workweek of 35-40 hours; may increase or decrease depending on needs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist Executive Director with projects, as assigned.
- Maintain CWR Master Calendar
- Schedule and coordinate CWR meeting logistics as directed by the Executive Director.
- Schedule and distribute login information for Board videoconferences
- Coordinate all aspects of in-person Board meetings, site visits, etc.
- Take minutes during Board meetings and CWR Annual Business Meeting
- Submit minutes / reports for approval; once approved, distribute in a timely manner
- Provides a wide range of support including, but not limited to:
- Assembling projects
- Presentation materials and related tasks
- new member packets, etc.
- Administer HR responsibilities including:
- Complete all new hire paperwork with new employees and on behalf of organization
- Maintaining employee files
- Administering W/C and U/C claims
- Other HR activities as required.
- Perform basic bookkeeping activities including:
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Coordinating monthly and annual closings and auditing with outside accounting firm.
- Update and maintain files (digital and hard copies as necessary)
- Serve as primary point of contact at the CWR Office
- Collect, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Coordinate CWR mailings to members, prospective members, partners, conference attendees, etc.
- Maintain inventory of exhibit display materials, CWR paper products, office supplies, merchandising materials, etc. Order supplies as requested.
- Support CWR exhibit / displays at outside events, conferences, and gatherings.
- Coordinate CWR Annual Conference materials including, but not limited to, name badges, signage, registration folder (print and virtual), update online survey, etc.
- CWR Annual Conference onsite support. Some travel required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years demonstrated job-related experience.
- Proficient computer use including QuickBooks, spreadsheets, database, word processing and e-mail applications.
- Strong written, verbal and phone communication skills to communicate across all internal and external levels of the organization.
- Thrives in a fast-paces working environment while maintaining flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrates a high level of productivity, ability to multi-task to meet deadlines and attention to customer needs while working independently.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Understanding, or willingness to develop understanding, of vowed religious life, Catholicism, and the Catholic Church
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Combination of physical and sedentary position. Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to hear, speak and see to perform assigned responsibilities with or without correction.
- Use of hands and finger dexterity 100% of the workday.
- Ability to travel to members, staff meetings and events when required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally during the workday.
- Stamina to work all scheduled hours (Typically, 30 hours).