"Our mission is to be a network of professional support and education for members who promote understanding of women religious, enhance their image and advance their mission."
Who We Are
CWR members represent religious congregations that range in size from 18 to as many as 4,000 vowed members worldwide. The organization identifies 17 geographic regions, and encourages members who are in those specific areas to meet regularly, share information, and collaborate on projects when appropriate.
CWR is led by an elected board of directors. From its members, the board elects an executive team that consists of a chair, vice-chair, and treasurer.
Typical CWR Member
- The organization conducted a member survey in 2007 and found the following characteristics apply when creating the profile of a “typical” CWR member:
- Has earned a graduate degree (undergraduate degree in English and Journalism)
- Almost 70 percent of CWR members are lay communicators
- More than 70 percent have more than 10 years’ experience in the field of communication
- Thirty-four percent have been in their current position six to 10 years
- The average member earns about $50,000 annually; 66 percent earn more than $40,000
- Eighty-eight percent of us report that our top responsibility is as the newsletter/magazine editor with website responsibility coming in second (75 percent of us).
Our members’ greatest challenge is multitasking!