CWR provides professional networking and education to members who communicate and advance the mission and ministries of women religious.
Who We Are
CWR provides professional networking and education to members who communicate and advance the mission and ministries of women religious. CWR members represent religious congregations that range in size from 18 to as many as 4,000 vowed members worldwide. The organization identifies 17 geographic regions, and encourages members who are in those specific areas to meet regularly, share information, and collaborate on projects when appropriate.
CWR is led by an elected board of directors. From its members, the board elects an executive team that consists of a chair, vice-chair, treasurer, and corporate secretary.
Typical CWR Member
The organization conducted a member survey in 2018 and found the following characteristics apply when creating the profile of a “typical” CWR member:
- More than 80 percent of CWR members are lay communicators
- Fifty-six percent of us have been CWR members for more than five years; 27 percent have been members for more than 10 years
- Seventy-six percent of members earn more than $40,000
- Sixty percent of CWR members are the sole member of their communications/marketing team
- Eighty-eight percent of us report that acting as newsletter/magazine editor is a top responsibility with website development coming in second (81 percent)
- Sixty-five percent find the future of religious life to be a topic most challenging to communicate about