Stories of Spirit and Heart: Conversations with Catholic Sisters saw sisters share their stories in celebration of Catholic Sisters Week on Wednesday, March 11, at Catholic Theological Union in Chicago.
Featured presenters Chioma Ahanihu, SLW; Barbara Reid, OP; Maria Brizuela, OSF; and Rita Malavisi, RSJ, sparked the evening’s discussions before attendees broke into smaller groups for further dialogue. The event was presented by CWR, the Center for the Study of Consecrated Life, Giving Voice, the Institute of Religious Formation, the National Religious Vocation Conference and the Religious Formation Conference.
Fifty-two weeks a year women religious stand with the poor and immigrants, teach children, fight injustice, heal the sick, share spirituality, empower women, defend the planet, promote peace, create community, offer hope…
But for one week, March 8-14, we shine the spotlight on women religious and encourage a wide range of campaigns and events that invite all who follow Jesus to
- expand and support their gospel witness
- grow the service networks they have seeded
- share their spirituality, charisms, and community
- encourage young women to consider a vocation to religious life
- support their pastoral, teaching and prophetic works
- and focus on the new world they call into being.
For more information on Catholic Sisters Week go to https://catholicsistersweek.org/.